Sunday, May 1, 2011

On Pins and Needles

So...the exciting news is that egg retrieval was yesterday...17 mature eggs were retrieved!  Yay!  Now comes the wondering and waiting.  How many will fertilize?  How many will be implanted?  And so on...the waiting begins....

Next comes the 2ww, then the wait until the end of the first trimester (i.e. into the safe zone), then the next six months until the big day!  Fortunately, my wonderful sisters are encouraging me through all the waiting...they are very understanding, as they were born lacking the patience gene, also.

My husband, Ray, on the other hand, has the patience of a saint!  He simply watched with amusement as I counted down the hours until he and the boys left for India, until his first meeting with Dr. Shivani, until egg retrieval, and so on.

So...I would welcome any suggestions or anecdotes about how those of you who have been through this before us have kept your sanity during the long waits!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment